- Join the Green Lancers
- Designated Carpool Parking
- Hydration Stations & Bring Reusable Containers
- Greening Loyalist
- Centralized Waste Collection
- Recycle Whenever Possible
- Reduce Paper Consumption
- Calculate Your Carbon Footprint
- Choose Alternative Transportation
- Free Market
Win the Golden Ticket When You Carpool
Share a ride with a friend and get up-close parking! Every time you carpool, you are entered into our bi-weekly draw for a chance to win a premium parking spot next to the College President!
- Save money and reduce your waste by refilling your reusable bottle with refreshingly-cold, filtered drinking water at one of 22 Hydration Stations on campus.
- Lug-a-mug to receive a discount on Aramark and Tim Hortons hot beverages.
Loyalist students and staff have helped eliminate the waste from more than ONE MILLION disposable plastic bottles since the Hydration Stations were installed!
Plants are incredibly important to our outdoor and indoor environments. They reduce pollutants in the air and create a relaxed atmosphere. Check out the Living Wall in the Link Lounge as well as many other areas enhanced by this project.
In an effort to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills each year, you will see tri-bins around campus with three options for your waste sorting needs. This year will see the removal of waste bins in all labs on campus. Please use the tri-bins located outside of the lab to dispose of waste.
Use the Recycling units throughout campus for:
- Cardboard & paper (including coffee cups)
- Plastic, metal & glass containers (food & drink)
Drop off the following items in the Student Access (Computer) Lab:
- Batteries (also collected in the Link Lounge, Digital Media Centre, Residence Commons & Pioneer Building)
- Cell Phones
- Toner & Ink Cartridges
- Writing Instruments
- Go digital
- Print only what you need & double-sided, whenever possible
- Turn used paper into scrap paper for notes, lists, etc.
Create an avatar to see how many planets are needed to support your lifestyle. Explore simple ways to change your Footprint. Calculate your carbon footprint.
From September 4 to 10 (outside of Residence), all students can save money and reduce consumption by shopping for items that have been donated by students and staff!