- Save money and reduce your waste by refilling your reusable bottle with refreshingly-cold, filtered drinking water at one of 20 Hydration Stations on campus.
- Lug-a-mug to receive a discount on Aramark and Tim Hortons hot beverages.
Loyalist students and staff have helped eliminate the waste from more than ONE MILLION disposable plastic bottles since the Hydration Stations were installed!
Plants are incredibly important to our outdoor and indoor environments. They reduce pollutants in the air and create a relaxed atmosphere. Check out the Living Wall in the Link Lounge as well as many other areas enhanced by this project.
In an effort to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills each year, you will see tri-bins around campus with three options for your waste sorting needs.
Create an avatar to see how many planets are needed to support your lifestyle. Explore simple ways to change your Footprint. Calculate your carbon footprint.
Use the Recycling units throughout campus for:
- Cardboard & paper (including coffee cups)
- Plastic, metal & glass containers (food & drink)
Drop off the following items in the Student Access (Computer) Lab:
- Batteries (also collected in the Link Lounge, Digital Media Centre, Residence Commons & Pioneer Building)
- Cell Phones
- Toner & Ink Cartridges
- Writing Instruments
- Take the bus (Belleville Transit)
- See Student Maps for bike parking spaces
- Racks available on Belleville Transit buses
- Go digital
- Print only what you need & double-sided, whenever possible
- Turn used paper into scrap paper for notes, lists, etc.
During the first week of September, Residence Students can save money and reduce consumption by shopping for items that have been donated by students and staff!