For Loyalist College Students & their families with a modest income and a simple tax situation
February 19-22 & March 4- April 5, 2019
(1H6A, across from the Bookstore)
Ask Questions & Get Advice
- Check back in February 2019 for days and times.
File Your Tax Return
- Tuesdays: 8 am – 5 pm
- HST Credit (most students receive $60 every 3 months)
- Ontario Trillium Benefit (most students receive a minimum of $23 each month and more if you pay rent)
- Too much income tax may have been deducted from your pay cheques, which will entitle you to a refund
- To accumulate your tuition payments from year to year until you need them when you are working full-time.
This tax clinic operates under the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. Click here to see if you are eligible.
Tax Returns cannot be completed for the following complex situations:
- Newcomer/International students
- Household income is over $30,000
- You are self-employed, have business income or capital gains
- Other situations deemed complex by Faculty Advisor.
- Ask questions
- Get advice about whether you should be filing taxes or not
- Drop off your paperwork and we’ll e-file your return for you OR help you prepare and e-file your own return
- Find out what additional information you need to provide if you have a spouse and/or children
- Last year’s Tax Return and notice of assessment from Canada Revenue Agency
- Photo ID
Use your Planner Pouch to collect these receipts:
- Rent (excluding Residence apartments)
- Charitable Donations
- RRSP Contributions
- T4A for OSAP grants (National Student Loans Service Centre)
- T5 (interest & other income)
- Transit Passes with receipts
- T4 from each employer (Loyalist: myloyalist.com-Pay Stubs Attendance Benefits)
- T2202A (Tuition) (visit myloyalist.com-myStudentInfo)
College Accounting Students & Loyalist Student Government
The Loyalist College Student Tax Clinic operates under Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.