Located on the third floor of the H wing! (The H stands for hidden gem).
Have you seen our BRAND NEW study spaces?! This new lounge and room are designed to cater to both solo and group work. Bring a dry erase marker with you, and use the giant white board wall to brainstorm/doodle as you work. The Study Room is available first come, first served.
Newly renovated to
- Refresh furniture and décor
- Create additional seating and lounge areas as well as a group study room
- Install electrical outlets with USB ports and whiteboards
- Include a tv in the study room for presentations
- Improve lighting
Located in the Kente Building
Newly renovated to create an “atmosphere”
- New decor
- New furnishings
- New flooring
Beside the Student Health Centre
Connects the Skills Centre to the Main Building
Looking for a place to study and chill out with friends? Then visit our Link Lounge. It features
- quiet glass-enclosed study pods
- a laptop counter
- a sunken lounge
This is the place to be when you need quiet study or group activity time. Plus, the Link Lounge has a vertical garden stretching across one of its walls! It’s a 25-foot self-sufficient living structure that features more than 300 plants that create a biofilter system to improve the Lounge’s air quality.
The state-of-the-art construction of the Sustainable Skills, Technology and Life Sciences Centre was awarded LEED® Silver certification in January 2014
Located throughout the Pioneer Building
On February 7, the Student Government showcased their latest Legacy Project: the new and improved Pioneer Café. The Student Government saw a need for additional student space in the Pioneer Building from the 2014 Fall Survey feedback. From there, an opportunity became available to expand the current Pioneer Café into the adjacent room, P27.
The Pioneer Café takes into account two separate zones of activity – a lively, energetic café as well as a quieter area for study. The design captures the need “to be many things to many people and at different times of the day and year.” – John Smale, Pace Design
The newly revitalized and expanded Pioneer Café features:
- Various types of seating areas to provide students with an opportunity to eat, socialize, study and work in groups
- Canadian-made furnishings
- Electrical outlets with USB ports for charging electronic devices
- Two microwaves as well as a sink for rinsing and cleaning food containers
- Starbucks hot beverage service
Additional student spaces have been created in other areas of the Pioneer Building as well as the second floor of the Skills Centre with the furnishings from the original Pioneer Café.
1H6A (Located across from the Bookstore)
NEW! Shark Tank Pub’s Extended Weekday & Weekend Hours
Starting September 11
- NEW! Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 7:30 am to 10 pm
- Thursdays: 7:30 am to End Time – View the Pub Nights schedule
- Study Week’s October 12: end time is 10 pm
- December 7 & On: end time is 10 pm
- NEW! Saturdays & Sundays: 8 am to 5 pm
Please note: Alcohol service is only available on Pub Nights.
- Daytime and evening events
- Dining and study area
- Lounge space
- Tim Hortons
- Pool tables
- Big-screen movies
- Outdoor patio
- Student Government Office
Located across the second floor of the Skills Centre