Room 1H7 Tel: 613-969-1913, ext. 2374
Loyalist’s Student Health Centre was voted #1 in the province. The clinic is staffed by a full-time registered nurse, support specialist and part-time attending physician. It provides comprehensive, high-quality and responsive health care services and coordinates the immunization clearance for students attending placements.
- Emergency medical care
- Flu shot clinics
- Resource information
- Light therapy for treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Pap testing
- Treatment and information on medical problems
- Free condoms
- Birth control sold at cost with prescription
- Over-the-counter medication
- Plan B sold at $20
- Temporary sick bays
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Give & Take clothing & accessories
- Monday–Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Contact the Student Health Centre for Doctor hours an to book an appointment: Drop in, call 613-969-1913, ext. 2374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physician Available: September to May
The Loyalist Student Health Centre will be CLOSED for Christmas Break from December 17 through to January 7.
View information regarding urgent medical care when the Student Health Centre is closed: see the “If you need help outside of these hours” info.
- Refill prescriptions, including birth control
- Schedule needed medical appointments
Have a safe and healthy winter break!
- The Student Health Centre is open Monday to Friday: 8:30 am – 4 pm (closed 12:15 – 1 pm)
- The Loyalist Student Health Centre will be CLOSED from June 28 and reopen August 12.
- Full time students can access a Virtual Doctor through the Student Health Plan.
- View information regarding urgent medical care when the Student Health Centre is closed: see the “If you need help outside of these hours” info.
If you need help outside of these hours
- IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY: call 911 or go to the nearest hospital
- Call Telehealth: 1-866-797-0000
- Go to the After Hours Clinic: 274 Dundas Street East, Belleville
- Call Crisis Intervention Centre: 1-888-757-7766
Dr. Steinitz Hours for September
9 am – 1 pm, unless otherwise noted
- Monday, September 9
- Thursday, September 12
- Monday, September 16
- Wednesday, September 18
- Tuesday, September 24
- Thursday, September 26 (9 am – 12 pm)
- Monday, September 30
Book an appointment with the Consulting Physician:
- Drop-in: Room 1H7, Loyalist College
- Call: (613) 969-1913, ext. 2374
- Email: email@example.com
Required for your Appointment with the Consulting Physician:
- You must present a valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) Card for each appointment with the Consulting Physician at the Loyalist Student Health Centre. Doctor appointments are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- If you have a photo health card, ensure that it has not expired PRIOR to visiting the Loyalist Student Health Centre.
- Out Of Province Students: Check with your province before you come to the Loyalist Student Health Centre to find out what your health insurance is in Ontario.
- International Students: Check with your country before you come to the Loyalist Student Health Centre to find out what your health insurance is in Canada.
- If you cannot make your appointment with the Consulting Physician, 4 hours notice is required:
- Cancellation can be made with the Loyalist Student Health Centre:
- In Person: Room: 1H7, Loyalist College
- By Telephone: (613) 969-1913, ext. 2374 – A message can be left on the Loyalist Student Health Centre’s voicemail
Failure to notify the Loyalist Student Health Centre will result in a $2 fee charge if you:
- Do NOT attend a scheduled appointment.
- Do NOT cancel within 4 hours of the appointment start time.
- Are late for an appointment: it may be cancelled and rebooked for another time.
- Room 1H7
- Tel: 613-969-1913, ext. 2374
- Fax: (613)-969-1230
Student Health Centre Support Specialist
- Debbie Bridger
- ext. 2374
- Lauren Deans
- ext. 2248
- Dr. Stienitz
- ext. 2374
- Ontario Residents: Bring your Health Card.
- Out of Province: Bring your provincial Health Card, with the exception of Quebec residents. Since Quebec does not have a reciprocal agreement with Ontario, Quebec students will have to pay “out of pocket” for medical care.
- International Students: Contact International Services to ensure your health insurance is in place.
Flu Shot Consent Form
Student Health Plan
The Student Health Centre, a Student Government initiative, is made possible by the Health Centre fee you pay as a student.