Room 1H7 Tel: 613-969-1913, ext. 2374
- Student Health Plan
- Get Your Flu Shot
- Booking & Cancelling Appointments
- Health Insurance
- NEW! Emergency food bank
- NEW! Clothing depot
- Emergency medical care
- Flu shot clinics
- Resource information
- Light therapy for treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Pap testing
- Treatment and information on medical problems
- Free condoms
- Birth control sold at cost with prescription
- Over-the-counter medication
- Plan B sold at $20
- Temporary sick bays
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Nicotine replacement therapy
Student Health Plan
For Full-Time Students
Get Your Flu Shot
- Information coming in late fall
Fall 2017 & Winter 2018 Hours
- Monday–Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 - 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
- To book an appointment: Drop in, call 613-969-1913, ext. 2374 or email email@example.com
- Physician Available: September to May
- Wednesday & Thursday: 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
Christmas Break 2018 Holiday Hours
The Loyalist Student Health Centre will be CLOSED for Winter Break:
- beginning Friday, December 22 at 12:00 pm and
- reopening Tuesday, January 2 at 8:30 am
View information regarding urgent medical care when the Student Health Centre is closed: see the "If you need help outside of these hours" info.
- Refill prescriptions, including birth control
- Schedule needed medical appointments
- Get your flu shot: Click the "Get Your Flu Shot" tab.
- Sign up for Leave The Pack Behind's wouldurather...contest - you could win up to $5,000. Choose what you want to do - quit smoking, cut back on how much you smoke, stop smoking when you drink, or just pledge to stay smoke-free if you're a non-smoker. The Student Health Centre has nicotine replacement therapy to help you stop smoking.
Have a safe and healthy winter break!
Summer 2017 Hours
- Monday–Friday: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- As needed
- Beginning Monday, July 3 and reopening Monday, August 14 at 8:30 am
If you need help outside of these hours
- IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY: call 911 or go to the nearest hospital
- Call Telehealth: 1-866-797-0000
- Go to the After Hours Clinic: 274 Dundas Street East, Belleville
- Call Crisis Intervention Centre: 1-888-757-7766
- Room 1H7
- Tel: 613-969-1913, ext. 2374
- Fax: (613)-969-1230
Student Health Centre Support Specialist
- Debbie Bridger
- ext. 2374
- Lauren Deans
- ext. 2248
- Dr. Hadley
- ext. 2374
Book an appointment with the Consulting Physician:
- Drop-in: Room 1H7, Loyalist College
- Call: (613) 969-1913, ext. 2374
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for your Appointment with the Consulting Physician:
- You must present a valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) Card for each appointment with the Consulting Physician at the Loyalist Student Health Centre. Doctor appointments are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- If you have a photo health card, ensure that it has not expired PRIOR to visiting the Loyalist Student Health Centre.
- Out Of Province Students: Check with your province before you come to the Loyalist Student Health Centre to find out what your health insurance is in Ontario.
- International Students: Check with your country before you come to the Loyalist Student Health Centre to find out what your health insurance is in Canada.
- If you cannot make your appointment with the Consulting Physician, 4 hours notice is required:
- Cancellation can be made with the Loyalist Student Health Centre:
- In Person: Room: 1H7, Loyalist College
- By Telephone: (613) 969-1913, ext. 2374 - A message can be left on the Loyalist Student Health Centre's voicemail
Failure to notify the Loyalist Student Health Centre will result in a $2 fee charge if you:
- Do NOT attend a scheduled appointment.
- Do NOT cancel within 4 hours of the appointment start time.
- Are late for an appointment: it may be cancelled and rebooked for another time.
- Ontario Residents: Bring your Health Card.
- Out of Province: Bring your provincial Health Card, with the exception of Quebec residents. Since Quebec does not have a reciprocal agreement with Ontario, Quebec students will have to pay "out of pocket" for medical care.
- International Students: Contact International Services to ensure your health insurance is in place.