- Clubs must ensure that their events and activities are:
- The Loyalist Student Government will not sanction any club that is political or religious in nature. Please note that the Loyalist Student Government is not against any political or religious group but will not support one party or faith over another.
- Students who wish to start an athletic type of club must contact the Loyalist College Athletic department. Activities performed by sanctioned clubs must not be athletic-related.
- Membership must be available to all current full-time students of Loyalist College regardless of religion, ethnicity, age, gender, financial position, sexual orientation or disability.
- The name of the Club cannot include the words, “Loyalist College.” However, the use of the word “Loyalist” is acceptable.
- No clubs sanctioned by the Loyalist Student Government shall take part in any form of initiation of its members. All ratified clubs must abide by the Loyalist Student Government Constitution and the Loyalist College Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- The club is not an agent or representative of the Loyalist Student Government, and has no authority to act on behalf of the Loyalist Student Government. The views and actions of the club in no way represent the Loyalist Student Government.
- The club must intend to carry on activities that do not infringe on federal, provincial, municipal or regional laws, and which will not interfere with the ordinary course of business at the College; nor infringe on the rights or privileges of others, which include the rights to privacy and freedom of expression and association.
- The Club Contact is the official representative for the club with regards to interaction with the Loyalist Student Government.
- The optional College Staff position exists to offer advice and guidance to the club and its members as well as assist the club in sustaining itself from year to year.
- Membership fees shall not be collected from each member unless approved by the Loyalist Student Government Board.
- Club Contacts must notify the Office Manager of any changes to meeting dates and locations to ensure Student Government Communications are up to date.
- Clubs sanctioned by the Loyalist Student Government cannot organize bake sales to raise funds due to food safety concerns.
- Each semester, the Loyalist Student Government will allow each club up to 30 colour copies of their posters. A request for these copies must be made at least one week in advance of the posting date to the Student Government Office Manager.
- The Clubs Display Case across from the Welcome Centre is available for all clubs for advertising, awards, etc. If you wish to add items to the display case, please contact the Student Government Office Manager.
- All posters MUST be stamped by the Office Manager before putting them up.
- All posters are ONLY to be posted on non-program or service-related bulletin boards unless pre-approved.
- Posters will NOT cover other posters.
- Requests to post meeting schedules and other club information on the website must go through the Student Government Office Manager. Please allow at least one week in advance on website requests.
Room/Space & Multimedia Equipment Bookings
Clubs approved by the Student Government Board will be able to use College space and multimedia equipment. Bookings will be arranged with the College as follows:
- Rooms: Student Government Office Manager (semester-to-semester basis)
- Multimedia Equipment: Club Organizer