NEW! Belleville Transit Late Evening Service Starting January 2!
A new night bus will run until midnight, seven days a week. Route 11 will do a loop of the city, including the industrial park, Loyalist College, Dundas Street and downtown.
NEW! Google Maps
- Departure and arrival times
Click on Directions, then enter your location, your destination and click on the transit icon.
Know Before You Go!
Route 7 – Loyalist
Route 10 – Direct Route to Loyalist, Quinte Mall and Walmart
- This eliminates having to go to the downtown Bus Terminal. Quick commute:
- To Quinte Mall: only 15 minutes
- To Walmart: only 20 minutes
Route 3 – Direct Route from Quinte Mall to the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre
- This eliminates having to go to the downtown Bus Terminal.
Route 11 – Belleville Transit Late Evening Service starting January 2!
- A new night bus will run until midnight seven days a week. Route 11 will do a loop of the city, including the industrial park, Loyalist College, Dundas Street and downtown.
Cash Fare: $2.50
Sold at the Bookstore:
- Bus Tickets (in strips of 10): $22.30 = more than one free ticket!
- Monthly Pass: only $65 – $7/month savings!
- Semester Pass:
- September to December: only $244 – $16/semester savings! Belleville Transit has extended the Fall Transit Semester Pass to January 19.
- January to April: only $244 = $16/semester savings!
Valid Loyalist College Student ID Card or Receipt of Tuition with Photo ID required.
- Receive significant savings compared to purchasing fuel for your vehicle
- Take a fast route to Loyalist
- Enjoy convenient arrival and departure times
- Help the environment by reducing carbon emissions
- Bike racks are available on the buses
- Made possible through the initiative of the Loyalist Student Government, the financial contributions of the Students of Loyalist College as well as the partnership between Loyalist College and the City of Belleville
- Environmentally responsible (LED lighting and long-lasting, readily recycled materials)
- Weather-resistant (wind and precipitation)
- Fully accessible
- Capacity for 25 people
Universal bus passes are not actually free – the cost is included as part of ancillary fees which are charged in addition to tuition. For some schools, this fee is mandatory in order to keep it low for all students. This means that students do not have the option to opt-out if they do not use public transit. Implementing a mandatory universal bus pass at Loyalist College is also unfair for students who live in the surrounding area, as transit service does not extend outside Belleville. The Student Government has surveyed students for the last few years to see if there is support for introducing a mandatory u-pass at Loyalist (est. $180-$220):
- No: 66% (On Campus: 17%/Off Campus: 83%)
- Yes: 34% (On Campus: 33%/Off Campus: 67%)
- No: 56% (On Campus: 19%/Off Campus: 81%)
- Yes: 44% (On Campus: 30%/Off Campus: 70%)